The idea behind REACT is to develop Open Educational Resources (open and widely available training content and modules) targeted at the:
- UNDEREMPLOYED: people working at below capacity
- TEMPORARILY UNEMPLOYED: those who have been laid off but actively seeking employment.
REACT has the objective to foster their access to the EU job market: the concept is to promote their employment by leveraging softskills.
REACT brings together social partners, VET providers and companies:
- -> Social Partners are the NGOs / Associations for the promotion of employability that in the project act as "catalyst" for enhanced VET and represent the target group
- -> VET world is represented by providers who are formal/non-formal and large/small VET providers of entrepreneurial and transversal competences
- -> Companies: REACT includes participation of private sector with SMEs that bring into the partnership their specialised understanding of private sector led growth (both employment and productivity) as well as the dynamics of the labor market and employability
REACT supports the development of basic and transversal skills (such as sense of initiative, critical thinking, entrepreneurship, selfemployment) in an innovative way: the innovative method of REACT relies on its bottom-up and demand driven approach while consolidating on the expertise and experience of VET practitioners and technical experts. The innovative method also relies on the openness of approach and exploitation of results.
REACT supports the integration of digital solutions and ICT in learning, teaching and training by developing, testing and validating and finally deploying at full scale a Open Educational Resource that will allow to exploit and mainstream project results outside the realm of the partnership and in other EU realities and countries.
The needs of the target groups are not "country-specific" and the OER Platform in multilingual version (6 languages) will address a European issue with a European solution.